In this article-How to jump higher, I will be going over the basics that may help you jump higher.
Beginning with basic knowledge involving your muscles, it is very important to know how your muscles operate when it comes to recruiting more muscle. Say youâ€™re training your hamstrings, and your goal for this particular muscle is to condition and/ or put on more muscle. Then the amount of weight you are lifting with your hamstrings is related directly to if you will put on muscle or not. This means that if you want to put on hamstring muscle, you should lift as much weight as you can while still completing sufficient repetitions.
This is a well known rule of putting on muscle, and can be explained by how many muscle fibers you use for lifting a certain amount of weight. If you are lifting a light amount of weight, then naturally you arenâ€™t using many fibers. But if you are lifting a heavy amount of weight then you are naturally using all of your muscles fibers. Doing this is the only way that you can gain more fibers, thus growing your muscle.
This rule ties into how you can jump higher by weight training your legs correctly; something you can learn in vertical jump training.
LHC stands for Lifetime Health Cover Loading. On July 1st 2000, the Australian Government introduced this legistation to take pressure off the Public System. Basically, for every year you are over the age of 30 and haven’t take out Private Hospital Cover, the cost increases by 2% for when you do. Example; if I take out Private Hospital Cover when I am 40 years old, my LHC loading penalty is 20% (10 years over 30, 2% for every year). This means the cost fof my Hospital Policy will be 20% higher. LHC will keep accruing until it reaches 70%, which can make Private Health Insurance very expensive when your at the age when you really need it!
There are alot of rules when it comes to Lifetime Health Cover Loading. Make sure you check all the rules to see how it works: 1. When you take out Private Hospital Cover, your LHC penalty locks in at the percentage you took it up at. It does not keep going up as you age. In the above example, the 40 year old would remain at 20% ongoing, even though he may turn 41, 42, 43 etc. Once you take out a Private Hospital Policy, LHC does not keep accruing.
2. Certified Age of Entry (CAE) is the age penalty that is applied to you, even though you may have become much older in physical years. Once again, in the above example; our person took up Private Hospital Cover at 40 years old. Five years later he is 45 years old, but his Certfied Age of Entry is 40 = 20%. If you were to change from fund to fund, they would check your CAE with the old fund to make sure your LHC loading is correct.
3. Everybody has a 1094 day grace period to let their Private Health Insurance policy lapse before LHC starts accruing for you again. That is one day less than 3 years. So if you drop your Private Hospital Cover, but take it up again within 1094 days there will be no extra LHC loading applied. If you let 1094 days pass, you will get hit with another 2%, and 2% every year thereafter until you take it up again. This Grace Period can only be used once per lifetime. Once you use it all up, you do not get it again.
4. Being overseas is considered the equivalent of having Private Health Insurance, so your Lifetime Health Cover loading does not accrue while abroad. Here are the rules:
- If you turned 31 while overseas before July 1st 2000 and then return to Australia, you are given 1094 days to take up Private Hospital Cover before you incurr your 2% LHC loading.
- If you turned 31 while overseas after July 1st 2000 and then return to Australia, you are given 12 months upon your return to take out Private Hospital cover before incurring 2% LHC.
- If you are covered with Private Insurance and then go overseas, you have 1094 days upon your return take up Private Hospital Cover before LHC kicks back in (considering you havent already used your 1094 grace already). If you leave for less than 12 months, you can simply ask your fund to Suspend the policy. If it is more than 12 months, simply cancel the policy and reapply when you return.
In any of these circumstances, your Health Insurance Fund will need proof of you being abroad. You need to supply your fund with a “Movement Statement” which can be obtained through application from the Department of Immigration. Just to make life easier, here is the application you need to send off to Immigration.
5. If you are a new Australian Resident, you have 12 Months from the day you receive Full Medicare Entitlements to take up Private Hospital cover before Lifetime Health Cover Loading is applied. You must supply your new fund with an Medicare Letter of Eligibility, which can be obtained from any Medicare outlet.
6. And now the golden rule: Once you have had Private Hospital Cover for 10 consecutive years, your LHC loading is removed back to 0%. Even if you change funds in between, all you have to do in maintain the cover for 10 years to remove your Loading.
* When changing from one insurance fund to another, you need to supply your new fund with a “Transfer Certificate”from the old fund. Simply call your old fund and ask them for this Certificate. Once they send it to you, forward it to the new fund. Once the new fund receives this proof, your LHC loading will be adjusted accordingly. Companies like iSelect organise tedious tasks like this for you, so you don’t have to, even though they are a free comparison service to the public.
Workplace obesity and overweight issues continues to be a rising concern and one of the most costly risk factors found in corporate America today.Â Health professionals from the University of Michigan Health Management Research Center reported in 2006 that an obese individual with a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more cost an excess of $1,500 per year.
According to a recently published report by the Conference Board, Weight and Measures: What businesses should know about obesity—obese employees cost private businesses an estimated $45 billion annually. America is one of the, if not the heaviest countries on the planet.The Centers of Disease Control estimates that 36% of the US adults are obese and 65% fit into the overweight category.
There are big differences between overweight and obesity when it comes to health but when it comes to a person’s overall health and wellness, they both are definitely putting individuals at high risks for developing other chronic diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, cancer, and heart disease, and even death.
It is quite apparent that the cause of an increase in worksite obesity rates is in fact the link between physical inactivity and poor nutritional habits. The average American is consuming more fast food (4-5 times per week on average) and high calorie, high fat snack foods. On top of the extremely high caloric diets, we are also a very sedentary society. The days of walking to the grocery store instead of taking your car everywhere are over!
Despite the clear benefits of regular physical activity, over 60% of US adults do not meet the recommended exercise guidelines for better health. The shocking statistic for me is that less than 25% of the American population get even a slight amount of physical activity even in leisure or recreational time. No wonder we have such a huge obesity crisis on our hands today.
Businesses can help address workplace obesity through programs offered as part of their wellness program. It is especially crucial that they do help address the issue if they want to manage their own health care costs and medical claims.
Some of the ways that employers can address workplace obesity is to offer physical activity or walking challenges, nutritional awareness campaigns, and incorporating environmental policies that support behavior and lifestyle changes among employees.
In aromatherapy, essential oils extracted from parts of plants, are made use of for treatment. The body and the brain are affected when their aromas are inhaled. By exciting the brain regions, essential oils ensure calmness for your mind. In addition it helps to raise your mood.
Essential oil is a concentrated, hydrophobic liquid containing explosive fragrant compounds from plants. Essential oils are also known as volatile oils. The term â€˜essentialâ€™ is with respect to the distinguishing scent or essence of the plant. Essential oils do not have any particular chemical properties
Essential oils are generally extracted by distillation expression, or solvent extraction. They are used
1) In cosmetics, perfumes, bath products etc,
2) For flavoring drink
3) For scenting incense and household cleaning products.
Various essential oils have been used as medicines for centuries. They have been found useful from skin treatments to cancer.
Of late, interest in essential oils has multiplied with the reputation of aromatherapy, which claims aromas of essential oils have medicinal effects. Oils are diluted in a carrier oil and used in massage, diffused in the air by heating over a flame or burned as incense,
Essential oils are cannot be mixed with water. However they can be diluted with alcohol, glycol or oils. Essential oils should not be applied directly to the skin in the concentrated form. They can cause severe irritation and allergic reactions. Before applying, essential oils should be mixed with carrier oil. Common carrier oils are almond, olive, grape, hazelnut etc. Some essential oils cause harm to the applied body if exposed to sunlight.
Intake of essential oils for remedial purposes should be done only under the supervision of licensed health professionals. Some essential oils like Eucalyptus are poisonous. Oral consumption can be hazardous to pregnant woman. [
Mood-Boosting Essential Oils
Following are some essential oils which help to improve mood.
â€œLemon essential oil ” enhances positive mood. The fragrance caused an increase in the level of nor epinephrine, which regulates the mood of the brain, in all the men and women who had undergone the test.
It possesses stress-easing abilities. Some students who were administered lavender oil were able to minimize the level of depression. Aromatherapy treatment involving lavender oil helped students to get rid of insomnia. However, it’s important to remember that depression shouldn’t be self-treated.
Those whom were subjected to the scent of Rosemary essential oil were seen as more alert and content than others who were in normal atmosphere. Rosemary also appeared to improve reasoning of the students.
Methods of using Essential Oils
To enhance your mood
1) has a massage or bath with a mix of commercial oil and an essential oil,
2) Make use of an aromatherapy diffuser with an essential oil to scent your room and
3) Gently soak your tissue with an essential oil of your choice and inhale the emitting odor.
Essential oils can be extremely harmful if used improperly. So consult a doctor especially when you want to have it orally.